What are your key skills?
- Content writing, technical writing.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, designers, and artists.
- Creating user-friendly content from complex information.
- Working to deadlines.
- Coordinating team efforts.
What about project management?
The writer is often the one who holds the reins, knowing who needs to deliver what and when. While designers need to design, developers need to develop, and salespeople need to sell, technical writers spend 100% of their attention on the project.
Where are you based?
I work remotely, as I live a nomadic lifestyle (by choice). I am willing to travel and have extensive experience using online collaboration tools. I would be happy to base myself in one place to fulfil a contract.
Can you mention some recent projects?
- From 2020 to 2023 I’ve been involved with the Te Whata Ora pay equity process through Technical Advisory Services for the New Zealand Department of Health.
- Since 2013, I have been working with the technical committee of the New Zealand Roofing Manufacturers Association (NZMRM) in rewriting the New Zealand Metal Roof Cladding Code of Practice. I am also a regular contributor to the “Scope” roofing magazine.